List:       kwin
Subject:    Right click in Desktop Grid
From:       Svenn-Arne Dragly <s () dragly ! com>
Date:       2012-01-30 20:48:52

Hi,

I recently posted a question in the KDE forums about the behaviour of
right-clicking on windows while using the Desktop Grid effect[1]. I was
directed to this list, so first, hi to you all!

I'll restate shortly what I asked about in the forum:

In the Present Windows effect's settings (under System Settings) there
is an option to decide what action is taken when right-clicking a
window. I've found it very useful to set this to closing the window, to
make it easy to clean up my workspace. However, in Desktop Grid, the
right click action seems to be locked to making the window visible on
all desktops, without any option to change this in System Settings.

I guess changing the behaviour of right clicking in Desktop Grid hasn't
been implemented, so I was thinking maybe I could give implementing it a
shot unless anyone else is working on it and unless such an
implementation is considered a bad idea. I have never contributed to KDE
before, but I have some experience with Qt from beforehand, so I'll
spend some time reading up on KDE contributions first.

What I would like to know is where in the source code I can find the
components in question; the settings for Desktop Grid and Present
Windows and where the click events are captured for these effects. I've
already checked out kde-workspace and lurked a bit around the code in
the kwin folder, but maybe some of you on this list can help point me in
the right direction more quickly than I'm able to search the code?

Oh, and thanks to you all for the contributions you've made to KDE. It's
a great desktop environment!

Best regards,
Svenn-Arne Dragly

[1] http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=98696&p=211568