List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Lockscreen branch
From:       Alex Merry <kde () randomguy3 ! me ! uk>
Date:       2011-08-17 22:07:21

On 16/08/11 17:01, Farhad Hedayati-Fard wrote:
> I tried everything that came into my mind to build screenlocker
> without making it a library, but everything else gave me compile
> errors.
> I thought that the best way to do this was creating a target in
> screenlocker and depending on that target in kwin, but then moc files
> of saverengine and the dbus interface didn't get generated even when I
> used kde4_automoc to generate them, and I couldn't find the source of
> problem and got stuck! then I tried making it a library and it
> worked... So I just pushed it to the branch for now.
> I'd be so happy if someone could help me to find out what's the
> correct way of doing this cmake stuff and how to do it!

So the issues you had were probably because you were trying to use a
separate CMakeLists.txt file for the screenlocker stuff.  If you look at
the commit I just made to that branch, I moved it all into the root
CMakeLists.txt.  It has to live there, because the files need to be
added to the kwin target, which is defined in this file.

If you wanted to make the screenlocker stuff into a library, you would
need to export the SaverEngine class - grep the files in libkdecorations
for KWIN_EXPORT to see what I mean.  Note, however, that the libraries
in kwin are not done "properly" - the way the export macros are set up,
they wouldn't work on Windows.  Not that we care about that in KWin.

Alex