List:       kwin
Subject:    Lockscreen branch
From:       Alex Merry <kde () randomguy3 ! me ! uk>
Date:       2011-08-16 11:40:12

This is a question mainly aimed at Farhad, and possibly Martin.

In the branch farhad_hf/lockscreen, why is the screensaver/locker
support in kwin compiled as a library?

The way it is done is actually broken (the stuff gets compiled in twice,
which causes major issues with global statics), but I can fix it in one
of two ways: get it to link properly, or just include the code directly
in kwin.

I'm not sure I see the point of compiling it as a library, as it
pollutes the library directory (it should really have a different name
than "libsaverengine", I think) and it slows the kwin startup time.  No
other applications are using it (so there's no "sharing" advantage) and

Alex