List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: New branch for replacing virtuals by Signals&Slots
From:       Martin =?iso-8859-15?q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-03-13 12:36:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I have no replaced all virtuals with signals and slots. Please have a look at
the branch - I will merge soon if nobody objects to it.

The biggest change is for windowUserMovedResize which I split into three
signals: start, update and finish plus an additional signal for maximize
changes. This should make it easier to use and removes the strange if first
and last then maximized part.

There are still a few methods which might be changed to signals:
* reconfigure -> also direct method call
* borderActivated -> returns a boolean, should be possible to refactor so that
we don't need the boolean
* windowInputMouseEvent -> direct method call
* grabbedKeyboardEvent -> direct method call

And there are the chained methods:
* prePaintScreen
* paintScreen
* prePaintWindow
* paintWindow
* drawWindow
* postPaintWindow
* postPaintScreen
* paintEffectFrame
* transformWindowDamage

The postPaint* could be changed into signals as they are not really chained.
TransformWindowDamage is not used by any effect, so could be dropped.

I will probably keep the branch around after merge to do some further
refactoring.

Cheers
Martin