List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Fullscreen windows and multi-screen snapping
From:       Martin =?iso-8859-1?q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <kde () martin-graesslin ! com>
Date:       2010-12-31 10:57:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Jeffery,

first a short notice: this is a developer mailing list to discuss the
development of kwin. For user questions there is for example forum.kde.org,
for bugs there is bugs.kde.org

On Friday 31 December 2010 10:33:15 Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> I have a dual-screen setup, and I recently found that when dragging a
> fullscreen'd window the second monitor, it snaps to it successfully,
> but when disabling fullscreen mode, the window jumps back to the
> screen it was on when fullscreen mode was initially enabled. This ends
> up being rather confusing. Is this a bug, per se, or just an
> (unintended?) consequence of something else?
I really have problems understanding your question. What do you mean with
"fullscreen mode"? Is this what you have in videos or F11 in browsers or do
you mean the maximized state? In the first case, does this happen with all
applications or is it special to one (possibly broken) application?

Concerning "dual-screen" it would be useful to know what kind of dual-screen
you are using. There is dual-head (unlikely), xrandr, xinerama, twin-view...

Cheers
Martin