List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Question about focus stealing.
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2010-09-06 12:12:04

Am Thursday 02 September 2010 schrieb Tom Walsh:
> Greetings, KWin Developers,
>
> We're having trouble bringing our on windows to the foreground in KDE,
> except when focus stealing is completely disabled.

The problem are likely different class properties on all windows.
X11 doesn't manage applications, but windows, so it actually doesn't matter if
those windows are mapped by the same process, but whether they've matching
clsas hints.

Check "xprop | grep -i class" on the windows in question.
If they don't match and the clients are not transient (there's another hint,
this is usually used by - and makes the modal - dialogs)

Cheers,
Thomas