List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Review Request] Maximizing windows on screen edge
From:       Lucas Murray <lmurray () undefinedfire ! com>
Date:       2009-08-31 2:44:50

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Martin Gräßlin<kde@martin-graesslin.com> wrote:
> Attached is a patch which implements "Aero snap" for kwin. I'm still totally
> unsure if we should have such a feature or not. Personally I think it's
> completely useless, but it could help people switching from Win7 to KDE. So
> that could be a pro.

Haven't reviewed the code yet. Just commenting on the idea:

It's not a useless feature--I'll actually be voting to have it enabled
by default actually. Plus Metacity uses the quick maximize thing
already by default so it's already been used by Linux people.

I personally prefer the GUI we had before you removed it in commit
962763 [1]. It had two separate checkboxes instead of one; one for
quick maximize and one for quick tiling. The more complex part of that
commit doesn't need to be readded as I've since realised that enabling
the quick features is not mutually exclusive with other electric
border triggers (One for while windows are moving, the other when
not).

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=962763

--

Lucas Murray :: http://www.undefinedfire.com
GPG Fingerprint: 0B88 499E 3F5B 1405 D952  258A AD90 B4F5 90B6 3534