List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Drop kwin's fullscreen hack
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2009-08-30 23:37:02

Am Monday 31 August 2009 schrieb Christoph Feck:
> Then I have misunderstood the request. It states "Attached is a patch to
> remove kwin's fullscreen hack for not-netwm windows [...]", so it should
>  not have any effect on netwm windows?
No. NETWM windows hint their fullscreen mode with a flag, but when there was
no NETWM, windows were just fullscreen by preventing a window border an
moveResize to the screen area.

IMHO the fullscreen hack should meanwhile be irrelevant, but:
1) it should not be unconditionally necessary to remove it for the MID shell
(see my last mail)
2) instead of removing i'd just blind it (keep the code and add a GUIless
option) - you really /never/ know who uses what ten year old app that might
suddenly stumble on this.

If we don't get some harsh bug reports, we can still completely drop it for
4.4.1 or 4.5...

Thomas