List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: patch for #167138 (opacity rules ignored)
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2009-07-23 23:09:58

Am Thursday 23 July 2009 schrieb Martin Gräßlin:
> Looks good to me (but not yet tested), just one question: how does it
> behave when setting the opacity in the alt+f3 menu?
applied until the next (de)activation
there's so far no "remember" config - you can just force [temp] - and i mostly
wnated to get rid of the broken config item in one or the other way.

> Personally I would prefer to have a kind of window specific rules for the
> effects and to move the opacity rule to the translucency effect.
the opacity is a _NET_WM property on the window so
a)  in particular in this case we'll probably have to care to keep visual and
attrib in sync?!? as...
b) ...the attribute is effectively set - w/ or w/o composition support - and
can be read by e.g. the application.

> has the time we have to live with that solution which is much better than
the broken state it was before :-D

i'll set the rule for some windows and test for another to days, then commit
if nobody yelled "STOP!" meanwhile (as you might have noticed in the patch, i
also needed to modify the EffectsHandlerImpl to prevent an incredibly annoying
segfault ;-)

Regards,
Thomas