List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: List of gfx cards and how they work with KWin
From:       Markus Strobl <mstrobl2 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-09-19 1:56:04

Lubos Lunak wrote:

>> I added my ATI X800XL which is one of the "black screen/white windows"
>> cards.
>>
>> Speaking of which, what's the latest on that issue? I tried x-server
>> 1.5.0 and it's still there. I thought there was some action being taken
>> on the xorg side?
>>

>  I suggest you first check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>  , kwin/COMPOSITE_HOWTO or
> ask on forums. I don't see anything wrong with the glxinfo output, so maybe
> just your X is somehow misconfigured. E.g.
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/texturefrompixmap-fglrx-and-compiz-603454/
> claims that Compiz works with it, even if slowly for some reason.

Oh, I've tried all that stuff. Nothing wrong according to Xorg.0.log.
The xorg.conf has nothing out of the ordinary. Also, I have the exact
same problem with both fglrx and open source radeon.

Here's the radeon xorg.conf (only relevant sections)

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Simple Layout"
        Screen      0  "ati" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "CorePointer"