List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Spam filter
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2008-09-10 18:31:48

Ühel kenal päeval (kolmapäev 10 september 2008) kirjutas Lubos Lunak:
> On Tuesday 09 of September 2008, Rivo Laks wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can we please get some sort of spam filter on kwin mailing list??
>
>  You mean you don't get spam from elsewhere? Lucky you.

Most of the spam that I see lately is in the kwin list.
I now realize that me not filtering mailing list mails might be a part of the
problem, but the kwin list seems to be the only really problematic one here.

> > I'm really fed up with receiving ~15 spam mails every other day.
>
>  I assume you don't mean spam but the spam bounces. The list actually has a
> spam filter, but mail bounces are not caught. I have my inbox full of these
> too, and the local anti-spam system doesn't catch them :(.
>
>  I haven't found any setting in the mailman setting for making the kwin
> list discard bounces :-/. Now that we have bugzilla3.x, I can again switch
> the bugreport owners from kwin@kde.org to kwin-bugs@kde.org, so the mails
> won't be sent to the list anymore. That'll allow turning off accepting mail
> from people who are not subscribed and should catch the bounces and keep
> them in the queue for review. I don't know what else I could do.

I think that would work. If noone else volunteers, I can even do the
moderation. Better than having it in my kwin mail folder...

Rivo