List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Idea for conflicts with shadow effect
From:       Martin Graesslin <ubuntu () martin-graesslin ! com>
Date:       2008-07-12 11:39:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 12 July 2008 04:47:02 Lucas Murray wrote:
> Is there any way of efficiently creating shadows with a shader? Doing
> so may also allow non-rectangular windows.
Yes that would be possible, but I don't think it is a good idea as shaders are
not supported by all hardware. For example my notebook (Ati) does not support
shaders. And shadows should also be possible with XRender.

Btw I like Lubos' suggestion with introducing a new WindowQuadType. That's a
very elegant way. And with enough quads it should be possible to have non-
rectangular shows as well, although it could be complicated.

Martin