List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: RFC: Effect ordering
From:       "Anton Moiseev" <benderamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-26 1:46:30

> I can dream up the following "most common effects" for the first tab:
>
> - Windows Switching ([ALT-Tab])
> - New Window
> - Minimize
> - Destroy
> - Virtual Desktop switcher
> - Maximize
> - Shade
>
> (roughly in order of what I'd say is importance)
>
> If I'm not missing something, those should be "one effect per category", so
> they could do with a drop down-like widget. Of course, effects would need
> such a category first (or do they already have one? OpenGL-code scares the
> hell out of me ... :o).

If this would ever happen, want to make a suggestion to continue that
idea - I think that it would be nicer to have additional option to
select multiple effects for the same category. I do not mean they
should be executed at the same time - they would be switched with some
periodicity. For example, I have 6 windows opened - when I would close
them one by one, the first 2 would "fall apart", the 3rd would "burn",
the 4rth and the 5th would again "fall apart" and the 6th would again
"burn" etc.

This could be easily configurable by assigning the occurance
probability number (in percents) to each effect inside a group.