List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       cedric <cedric.borgese () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-25 22:32:24

On Monday 25 February 2008 11:54:32 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On čt 21. února 2008, cedric wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 February 2008 19:49:12 Rivo Laks wrote:
> > > I'm planning to make one but I want to wait until the effect is in SVN.
> > > Otherwise we'll have people wanting to try it out but unable to find it
> > > in svn.
> >
> > If it is fine for you, i'm ok to add it in the test plugins.
>
>  Yes. Please see
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account for
> getting SVN account if you don't have one, this mail should be enough as a
> reason to get it.
>
> > I just cannot garantee that I'll have enough free time to finish it until
> > 4.1
>
>  That's ok, in the worst case it would be simply disabled. Especially if
> you want to have it only in tests/, as that one is never enabled in SVN.

I don't have any particular reason to keep it in effetcts/test/ directory, jus
t that it is not finished yet and I don't know what are the policies for unfin
ished/buggy effets in effects/
But i'm ok to move it.

> > And I would like to do some major rework on it and extract some code to
> > extern al files (the 4x4 grid + bezier patch could be used as a base to
> > many effects, it is really a powerfull tool to do all kind of window
> > deformation)
>
>  That's ok too. There may be freezes e.g. before the 4.1 release, but in
> general putting stuff in SVN doesn't mean it can't change anymore. Again,
> especially if it's in tests/.
>
> > So if these kind of changes are allowed when it will be in
> > svn, I'll be happy to add it.
>
>  You're welcome :). Now only a blog entry with a video is needed to make
> you famous ;).
>
>  PS: Speaking of videos, in general (that is, I'm talking to all people
> here), please provide the video also in a "normal" format, not only on
> youtube. If you don't have a suitable hosting space for it, I can host the
> video file at home.kde.org, which should be able to handle the possible
> load.

i'll try to fix the last missings bits for the next week (I'll be busy this we
ek end, so don't expect anything before end of the next week) bits to comply w
ith svn policies and post it for review in the list before inclusion in svn.