List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Color Filter plugin
From:       "Anton Moiseev" <benderamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-29 10:15:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Qt allows making background completely transparent and at the same time to
leave other application elements opaque:
http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq16-background.html

This is done with the standard API, so would not be a hack. I think that
applications like Konsole should support this as one of the transparency
modes. But for all other cases I think that color filter effect would be
very useful as a universal solution. As it was said, if I type text in kword
(or read text in the proprietary acrobat reader version), I want to see what
happens on the desktop - and kword should not support such kind of
transparency in no way natively (and acrobat reader would never support this
moreover).