List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Color Filter plugin
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2008-01-25 15:44:18

Ühel kenal päeval (neljapäev 24 jaanuar 2008) kirjutas Lubos Lunak:
>  Hello,
>
>  some for I-know-fragment-shaders people I guess :) . Today I noticed one
> user in one forum asking if it's possible somehow to have one window on top
> of another one, with the top one having background transparent, so that the
> user could work in the top one while reading text from the bottom one.
> Where the point is that only the background should be transparent, since
> making the whole window transparent makes it less readable.
>
>  Would it be possible to extend Invert to make arbitrary color conversions,
> including changing the alpha channel (i.e. something like
> http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Plugins/Colorfilter)?

Sure, though I'm not sure if it should be the same filter.
I'm not sure how easy/reliable background detection is with a style such as
Oxygen which uses gradients in the background but I'm going to try to find
out ;-)
Unless someone else wants to do it, that is (which would be even better and
I'm willing to help)

Rivo