List:       kwin
Subject:    Color Filter plugin
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-01-24 21:18:48

 Hello,

 some for I-know-fragment-shaders people I guess :) . Today I noticed one user
in one forum asking if it's possible somehow to have one window on top of
another one, with the top one having background transparent, so that the user
could work in the top one while reading text from the bottom one. Where the
point is that only the background should be transparent, since making the
whole window transparent makes it less readable.

 Would it be possible to extend Invert to make arbitrary color conversions,
including changing the alpha channel (i.e. something like
http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Plugins/Colorfilter)?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer