List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Grouping and Tabbing of Windows
From:       Bernhard Rode <mail () bernhardrode ! de>
Date:       2007-09-06 11:31:10

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:29:41 +0200, "Jos Poortvliet" <jos@mijnkamer.nl>
wrote:
> On 9/6/07, Bernhard Rode <mail@bernhardrode.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone knows CompizFusion and this clip:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ImW0-MgR8I
>> shows some real nice features.
>
> Yeah, it's beautiful...
>
>> Especially the part about Grouping and Tabbing of Windows seems pretty
>> useful.
>
> It's not very clear on how it works, at least for me. Part of that due
> to the low quality of the youtube video of course.

As far as I see, you select the windows with a frame and get a tab bar in
the window title bar on the right. I'm in Hamburg at the moment, but I will
have some spare time next week at home.
So I will try to get a better clip recorded or some screenshots.

>> Maybe something like this should come into KWin.
>
> Well, I guess it simply needs ppl to write the plugins...

Sorry, I'm not the great coder guy, but I wonder if there is no
possibility, to write an plugin interface for compizfusion plugins. the
project has a big community, espacially since they merged. So their will be
many new plugins in the future.
I like the plasma idea of allowing superkaramba,... plugins. so why should
it be impossible.

I know that we need to have KWin, but I think code duplexing is not so good
(but needed in some cases of course). So both projects might profit.

>> I'm not sure if the ZUI part of plasma will cover it.
>
> Nope, that's something entirely different.

Ok, thanks.

>> --
>> mfg. Bernhard Rode
>>
>> http://www.bernhardrode.de