List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: trunk
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2007-06-18 17:45:07

Am Montag, 18. Juni 2007 10:58 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
>  You can create QPixmap with the right size and then XCopyArea() from the X
> pixmap handle into it (and, actually, the decoration probably could use
> that as well instead of the XRender calls). If the QPixmap is temporary and
> reasonably sized I think it shouldn't be any performance problem). With Qt3
> I was able to even make QPixmap use a given X pixmap handle directly, there
> should be a way with Qt4 as well I'd expect, however I'm not quite
> convinced that such hackery belongs into our default style.

Well, actually that's pretty much what i do (mainly used Render as it's more
convenient, i can remove it here without cost - on other cases walking a
plain Qt way may have (partially significant) speed impacts)

I guess we'll simply have to say: if you want some features in the style,
better have X(Render - we'll need acceleration for some things anyway)

You can of course allways contat www.oxygen-icons.org and tell the artists
your thoughts about their ideas ;P

seriously:
i expect this to be an X11 thing at all.
Qt provides natives styles on Windows and OSX to align with the system look
and Qtopia areas won't provide enough space/resolution for this kind of
style.
overmore using X11 features on X11 is not a hack in my opinion at all (not
sure about creating a qpixmap from an X pixmap - even not if it's possible
with Qt4, we could of course ask the trolls to add such function for a clean
solution - though it would still not be portable)

Thomas
--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.