List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: trunk
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2007-06-18 17:45:00

Am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2007 16:10 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:
> So at least this stuff could be incapsulated in a class similar to
> QPixmapCache...
caching is no option as long as you're not willing to spend 5mb (v)ram on
every app just for the style...

> The window decoration is needed for X11 only, but the style must work on
> Mac and Windows too, I think.
then HW acceleration should work on X11 like on M$ or Mac (i have no problems
creating the bg on openGL, but the trasnformation into a pixmap kills me) or
X11 won't look like this.
As mentioned you can write OSX or M$ specific solutions to complement things
or live with (uglier?) fallbacks and the absence of features on those
systems.
(btw, i'd like my KDE apps on Mac or Win look like the rest of the system and
so use the (non portable!) Qt system dependent styles there... - just my 2¢)

Thomas
--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.