List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: kwin & fglrx
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2007-06-04 16:57:30

Ühel kenal päeval (pühapäev 03 juuni 2007) kirjutas Michael Olbrich:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 12:01:49PM -0400, Philip Falkner wrote:
> > DesktopGrid
>
> Hmm, very strange. It seems like all desktops are alligned horizontally.
> When pressing ctrl-F8 it looks like scrolling to the first desktop. I
> can then click and stay there, or return with ctrl-F8

I can confirm that it doesn't work correctly. It worked about a week ago when
I made my video, so something must have broke it within a last week.

> > MakeTransparent
>
> Not sure. konsole and xterm are only transparent when moving.
> The "Configure Window Behavior" dialog is always transparent but more
> opaque when not moving.

That's correct, it makes dialogs transparent as well as moved/resized windows.

> > ScaleIn
>
> That's like Fade but for size instead transparency?

Exactly

> > TaskbarThumbnail
>
> Not always. If not I get:
> kwin: Creating window pixmap failed: KWin::Client(0x8111840)

You get those errors for windows that KWin haven't "seen". If you scroll
through all your desktops and windows then kwin sees them all and then you
shouldn't get those errors anymore.

> > Drunken, ShakyMove
>
> I can't see anything happening.

IIRC drunken makes new windows appear slightly out of focus at first and
shakymove can been seen when moving a window.

Rivo