List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: __GL_YIELD
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2007-05-09 16:29:38

Ühel kenal päeval (reede 04 mai 2007) kirjutas Lubos Lunak:
> On Thursday 03 of May 2007, Rivo Laks wrote:
> > Ühel kenal päeval (kolmapäev 02 mai 2007) kirjutas Lubos Lunak:
> > >
> > >  Ok. It doesn't seem to make any visible difference here, but maybe
> > > that's just me. If it helps, we probably should include it. However, if
> > > I'm getting it right, this needs to be set before the app is even
> > > launched (which is why Beryl restarts). That however doesn't work with
> > > KWin and kdeinit. We would probably have to load openGL dynamically
> > > instead of linking against it :-/.
> >
> > We did that in Boson (dlopen()ing libGL) and IIRC it wasn't very
> > pretty/easy, so I'd avoid it if possible.
>
>  I'd expect it to be in theory just handling all OpenGL functions like we
> handle extensions now, but I guess practice differs from theory then?

No, but that's the problem: we'd need to add every single opengl function
(well, at least the ones we use/will use) and maintain that list which would
be quite a boring job, so I'd avoid it if possible ;-)
We should be able to use some code from Boson though, which makes it easier.
BTW, with feature freeze approaching, is this one of the things that could be
done after the freeze or not?

Rivo