List:       kwin
Subject:    Extended color schemes in KDE 4
From:       "Niklas Beckmann" <niklas.beckmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-29 9:18:49

Hey guys,

I posted this on the kde artists list before, but I think this is the right
forum.

I wanted to ask your thoughts about extended color schemes in KDE 4.

What I have in mind is a extended type of color scheme that offers a lot
more options to independently change the colors of specific GUI components
such as grayed out window text, background and text color of the menubar,
background and text color of selected menubar items, background and text
color of the menu itself, background and text color of selected menu items,
and so on.

There also are some components which do not necessarily require seperate,
independent options for their colors, but should at least be colored
according to other components. E.g. the color of the border of group boxes,
the color of horizontal lines, and the background and text color of combo
boxes.

I think KDE 4.0 is a great opportunity to introduce these kinds of changes.
What do you think?
Regards,

Niklas