List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: GetFBConfigs
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2007-01-29 15:21:18

On Saturday 27 January 2007 21:26, Philip Falkner wrote:
> Well, I tried the one ctxdrawable per depth for fallback, and it made
> little practical difference.  Fallback is still crashing X when the context
> moves from 32 to 24.  24 to 32 is fine, as is 24-24 and 32-32.  The X log
> backtrace suggests the crash happens when resizing a framebuffer while
> making ctxdrawable[24] current.

 Fdclock -sta seems to work fine here in fallback mode with either current svn
or with the configs patch (I only get the warning then).

> Perhaps what we could do is always use the highest depth available, and any
> windows using anything else get their pixmap's depth altered, perhaps with
> a copy_buffer-like mechanism.

 Given fallback's priority I wouldn't bother for now.

> We could use this in tfp, too, for when there's no fbconfig for that window
> depth.

 I think such case should be very unlikely, if possible at all.

> I also looked at a 16-bit X server, and my config list is changed to mostly
> 16s, with one 32.  And more of them are slow.  Still, tfp and fallback work
> exactly as they do in 24-bit mode, so that's okay.  Shm is broken, however,
> with 16-bit windows (see attached), though it produced no visible error
> messages.  32-bit windows are still fine.

 It has one data format hardcoded, I've noted it down in the TODO.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer