List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: kde window management
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-03-08 15:49:50

On Monday 07 of March 2005 17:43, Stefan Walkner wrote:
> hello,
>
> >  Then your "screenmanager" should most probably be simply KWin. It's the
> > window manager's task to handle things like window placement. If you try
> > to do it separately there will be always the risk the WM won't like it
> > and will interfere.
>
> aha!
> Is there already method to move a window to another "screen" (xinearama)?

 There's no real screen with Xinerama. You have one screen, one part of it
being shown on one monitor, other part on other monitor. There's only the
coordinates what matters.

>  I thought of a new window decoration which allows to move the window to
> the next xinerama screen ("<" ">") -> could you imagine what I mean?
>  I saw this on a friends XP computer and I think its useful (at least for
> me)

 I don't see what does this have to do with writing a new window decoration.
If you want new titlebar buttons for such functionality, simply add support
for them, and modify at least some existing decorations to use it. Just see
how some other button is implemented in KWin, it's not very difficult. And,
since you seem not to know much about KWin or WM things, don't be afraid to
ask.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer