List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] kwin performance (kde 3.2b2)
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2004-01-22 10:05:20

On Wednesday 21 of January 2004 13:52, aviv bergman wrote:
> > Which X version is that?
>
> 4.3

 Same here, 2.4.21 SUSE kernel.

> > So you had time for all of this, including posting
> > at a forum how I refuse to apply your patch because
> > there's no problem, and you haven't found time to
> >apply a patch, compile and test it once?
>
> i didn't say i don't have the time, i said i don't see
> the point, since the problem is not there (if 125
> redraws/sec takes 30% cpu, that's good enough for me)
>
> i wrote that post because someone said movement was
> slow, and i wanted to help. i also said it was not
> accepted beacase it made no difference on your system
> - i honestly didn't mean to offend anyone...

 Still, I'd be interested to know if it does any difference for you. If I try
hard, I can see the KCalc movement being a bit jerky here, but the (my) patch
avoids that. Moreover, I've already tested the patch and I'll commit it
shortly and backport for 3.2.1, while I'll still need to analyze the effect
of your solution on other parts of KWin core. So if you please could spend 5
minutes of trying it.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer