List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] NET::Menu
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2002-07-02 18:53:02

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 16:47, Karol Szwed wrote:
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 6:49 am, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> [snip]

[snip]
> > Also, I added a possibility for kwin clients to get the window type as
> > the third argument of allocate() instead of just plain 'int tool' (which
> > is IMHO short-sighted). Client now can have old style "Client
> > *allocate(Workspace *ws, WId w, int tool)" or "Client
> > *allocate2(Workspace *ws, WId w, NET::WindowType type)", which will be
> > preffered.
>
> I'd prefer if we didn't use the "allocate2" name in the plugin interface,
> since once 3rd party clients start using it, we'll be stuck with it and its
> tacky.

 Well, I'm a member of the can't-come-with-a-good-name club. Suggestions for a
better name are welcome :).

> Also, in Workspace::clientFactory, why did you remove the Net::Tool entry?
> I can see it filters through to the bottom, but the result is only the same
> if the Shape::hasShape( w ) does not succeed. (Although the possibility of
> this occuring is almost none). Maybe I'm missing something.

 (I agree, the possibility is almost none.) I actually moved that one
intentionally, as (as far as I can say) shaped windows shouldn't have
decorations (because they are shaped). Am I missing any reason why it
shouldn't be this way?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org