List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    KVM and Bouncy Caslte Project
From:       "Padilla, Alex D" <adpadil () SANDIA ! GOV>
Date:       2007-07-26 23:22:25

Joe,

Thank you very much for your reply and all of your replies at that.
However, I am not developing a MIDlet, at least in the traditional
sense.  I do not need to conform to the MIDP standard and am not
developing an application to run on a cell phone.  I believe this is
where the majority of people are misunderstanding me as it seems most
people are doing such things in this forum.  I have been trying to stay
away from using ProGuard and Antenna because these are entirely new
tools for me. I have looked into the link you provided me and am
completely confused about Antenna.  Maybe I need to look at it longer,
but I am not sure if this will solve my problem.  Everything I have read
about Antenna states that it needs to be run on the Palm OS.  Is this
true? This simply is not an option in my project.  I need to keep
everything as simple as possible.  If I need to use Antenna, I will do
it if possible, however.  I just wanted to ensure that I am making
myself clear as to my requirements for the project.  What I need to do
is described below:

1. I need to develop a Java program that will use the Bouncy Castle
crypto package.
2. The program can be developed on any OS, in any environment.  However,
the program must then be copied into Linux without any environment
installed.
3. I will make a Linux image which will be copied over to a custom-made
board with nothing but simple Java on it.  This means that the board has
only the ability to run a Java Class file (and only a Java class file
from my understanding) and cannot do much else.
4. Therefore, I need to preverify the class file and possibly preload
any classes and libraries it calls upon into the KVM before I run it in
the KVM on the board.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.