List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Wireless toolkit 1.0.3: 'Exception in schedule' when using -Xdesc
From:       Thomas Mueller <thomas.mueller () POINTBASE ! COM>
Date:       2001-09-28 21:54:20

Did somebody else also run into this problem?

I have a test application that runs fine when started with the command line:

C:\J2MEWTK\bin\emulator -classpath tSQL.jar test.tSQL

but produces stack traces when run with:

C:\J2MEWTK\bin\emulator -Xdescriptor:tSQL.jad

The stack trace is:

Exception in schedule
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.sun.midp.midlet.Scheduler.selectByPriority(+51)
        at com.sun.midp.midlet.Scheduler.schedule(+154)
        at com.sun.midp.dev.DevMIDletSuiteImpl.schedule(+7)
        at com.sun.midp.Main.runLocalClass(+20)
        at com.sun.midp.Main.main(+60)

The platform is Windows 2000, but I get the same problem with Windows 4.0.
The Java version is:
java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0-C)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0-C, mixed mode)

C:\J2MEWTK\bin\emulator -version
CLDC 1.0.3
MIDP 1.0.3

Is there maybe something wrong in the GUI part of the application?

Thanks,
Thomas