List:       kvm-interest
Subject:    Re: Bug-ID
From:       Glenn Marshall -- Customer Engineering
Date:       1999-11-30 18:41:45

while there may be a better way in the works, for now, if you use category any,
keyword kvm as your lookup, you will find the kvm stuff.  in other words, ignore
the fact that kvm isn't in the category list at this time.

also note that a bug has to be processed before it is entered, so there will be
a time delay before it shows up in the buglist (another reason for emailing the
list, imho).

btw, based on my experience, it is a *** REALLY *** good idea to include a code
snippet that reproduces the problem (i.e. make a test program).  weakly
specified bugs always seem to get worse service than strongly specified ones
(plus they require more work thus take even longer).  this is not a dig at the
people evaluating bugs, just an observation (heck, if i evaluating the bugs, i'd
push off the vague ones in favour of the precise ones too).

> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:00:22 +0100
> From: Magnus Carlsson <Maca@SYNTRONIC.SE>
> Subject: Bug-ID
> To: KVM-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM
>
> I suggest that anyone who reports a bug to Sun's Bug Parade site checks the
> bug-ID and mail it to this mailing-list. In that way We(KJava-people) could
> more easily wote for the apparent Kjava-bugs. If more people wote the chance
> is that theese bugs will get a higher priority.
>
> /Magnus Carlsson

Glenn Marshall
Java Migration                                     glenn.marshall@sun.com
Americas Customer Engineering/opcom                (905) 415-2857, x52857
Sun Microsystems