List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Adding Textmate-like snippets to Kate
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-01-24 2:41:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I'm in the process of adding textmate-like snippet support to KTextEditor
based implementations in the form of a KTextEditor plugin. The behavior I want
to implement is described at
http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/snippets#snippets. After looking at
how KatePart is implemented, I have a few questions.

Does the template interface support what I want to do? I think it's basically
the same thing, only rather than working with whole files, i'm working with
little bits of text.

I was initially thinking that I would install an event filter on a
KTextEditor::View object, but since KatePart does that already, will that work
without interfering with other things in KatePart?

Also, if others have better ideas, I'm open to them. :)

Thanks
--
Matt