List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Selective creation of KTextEditor::View actions
From:       Michel Ludwig <michel.ludwig () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2008-01-02 9:27:49

On Tue 01 Jan 2008, Anders Lund wrote:
> I'm not quite sure how to achieve this in a meaningful way, even if KTE
> provides a set of actions you would probably still wish to provide access
> to implementation specific actions in most cases.

At least for the two purposes I mentioned, that wouldn't be a problem.
A "saveAs()" function exists in KParts::ReadWritePart, whereas we would
recreate the spellchecking features in Kile completely ourselves. It might be
worthwhile to consider whether a separate spellchecking interface might be
useful too; then the original implementation would be accessible (for easy
spellchecking of non-LaTeX documents in Kile, for instance).

> Maybe KTE could provide a list of actions created? but then, that is in the
> actioncollection I believe.

The problem with that approach is that one doesn't really know what the
actions are doing.

> I'm sending this to KTE-devel, as that is where this discussion belongs ;)

Thanks, it's good to know that there exists a mailing list for every
purpose. :-)

Michel