List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    missing documentation
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2007-02-10 9:22:23

I still have two issues where I am simply not able to use the interfaces:

* I can't get teh arbitrary highlighting to work. I do not know, as I do
everything that the docs for the interfaces tell me I should. I have been
looking at some samples, for example the code folding appears to highlight
some lines when the folding bar is moused over. But I can't see what i didn't
do.

* I can't get the code completion to work. These interfaces are not well
documented wrt what one should do, but I looked at a file from kdevelop cpp
support authored by Hamish Rodda:
kdevelop/languages/cpp/cppcodecompletionmodel.cpp. However, it does not work.
Appearently,
* startCompletion is called.
* my completion model's data() method is called and also returns the data it
should.
* The completion popup is displayed, but no items are visible.
* KateCompletionDelegate::paint() is never called (should it be?)

:-(
--
www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund@jabber.dk