List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Local plugins for Kate?
From:       Bryan Bennetts <bbennetts () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-06-14 7:53:23

Hi all,

I'm part way through writing a small plugin for Kate (yay me!).

All is fine and dandy on my personal machine, however, my actual aim is to use
the plugin at work where my system admin is not at all trusting (a good
attribute for a system admin - but none the less a frustrating one!).

So my question : is there a local (i.e. in my home account) place I can stick
the plugin.la where kate (well presumably the KDE service manager) will find
it, or am I going to have to bug the admin till he has a nervous breakdown?

Of course I could build a local Kate with the necessary prefix etc, but that
kind of defeats the purpose of plugins, no?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan.