List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Kate and Indic languages
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-05-22 9:47:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Does this make kate usable for Khmer? I have long given up trying to
> support bidi with kate 3.x, it will work in 4.x.  However if this makes
> kate usable for khmer without other large bugs being evident I'm happy for
> it to go in.

Yes, this makes the Kate part usable with Khmer and other Indic languages. But
this is not bidi! Khmer is also written from left to write.
I do not want to commit this unless at least one person can confirm that it
does not break anything else. Maybe someone who knows the code?

I would like to see this in KDE 3.5.3 but since this means it must go into SVN
today it is maybe just to late.

Jens