List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    RE: Automatic syntax colouring in Kate
From:       "Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3" <mn-pg-p-e-b-consultant-3.com () siemens ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 7:14:02

> From: Dominik Haumann [mailto:dhdev@gmx.de]
> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 12:21, Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3 wrote:
> > I like the syntax colouring in Kate. It would be, however,
> convenient,
> > if
> > Kate could recognize by itself, how to choose syntax
> highlighting, when
> > opening a file.
> > I'm using Kate 2.1 on RedHat 3.1.3.
>
> http://www.kate-editor.org/index.php/Modelines
> In your case something like: kate: hl Bash;

Thank you. I tried this (the first line of the file now reads:

   # kate: hl Bash;

), but when I open the file, there is still no syntax hightlighting
switched on.

Could it be an error in the configuration? When I go to "Configure
Kate", and klick
on Application/Plugins, I do see "Kate Modline Plugin", and it has an X
in front, which
means that it is selected. But if I go to the configuration section
Editor/Plugins,
I do not see a Modeline Plugin here. Is this the way it is intended to
be?

> PS: Usually such questions go to kwrite-devel@kde.org :)

May I ask you why? On the web page which described the KDE mailinglist,
it
said that ktexteditor-devel is concerned with text editors such as Kate.

Ronald