List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    KTextEditor + KDE 4
From:       cullmann () babylon2k ! de (Christoph Cullmann)
Date:       2005-04-15 22:18:42

On Friday 15 April 2005 20:33, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> >hi,
> >just want to kick off disscussions :)
> >
> >What should the next release give us more than we have?
> >
> >Should we consolidate the many extensions in one interface pair and just
> >provide empty dummy implementations + some query functions to let the app
> >query what really is supported instead of 1000th interface classes? with a
> >upgrade interface per minor release to add extensions?
>
> But how would this work? You would have to heck for each and every
> method? That sounds like a drag.
> The current setup is quite good I think, in fact we should have more
> interfaces!
the interfaces have the problem of the massive multiple inheritance we built
up, it is really amazing how hard it is to keep the overview, if we would
consolidate the useful ones into the view and document + one bool query
method per group of methodes (one for selection, one for codecompletion), the
massive casting would have an end, and if you don't mind to check, like not
needed in most cases, nothing bad will happen, with empty default impls, but
k, only idea, as kate part already implements most of the interfaces, not
mind to let them live alone

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team