List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    KTextEditor + KDE 4
From:       anders () alweb ! dk (Anders Lund)
Date:       2005-04-15 22:05:41

Wednesday 13 April 2005 18:14 skrev Christoph Cullmann:
> hi,
> just want to kick off disscussions :)
>
> What should the next release give us more than we have?
>
> Should we consolidate the many extensions in one interface pair and just
> provide empty dummy implementations + some query functions to let the app
> query what really is supported instead of 1000th interface classes? with a
> upgrade interface per minor release to add extensions?

I believe keeping the extensions is good. Checking for individual functions
seems tedious. of couse we could make a query pr interface, so that there
would be a way to know if one could expect a call to be usefull.

> Are any interfaces atm unusable? should some be dropped?
> where are probs? :)

My favorite candidate for further extension is the marks. We should have
identifyable marks, and it should be possible to reserve a mark type (i have
code for that here), and set various properties such as the shade color, icon
(we can) and user access rights.

I'd appreciate a interface for the upcoming arbitrary highlighting in
katepart, if possible, that would include a way to define a visual style.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund@jabber.dk