List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: To QString or to QStringList?
From:       Hamish Rodda <rodda () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-14 15:51:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 15 October 2005 01:22, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Friday 14 October 2005 17:07, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > So, opinions?
>
> The only reason I se for considering QString is regex search/replace with
> newlines. It is an often occuring wish, and not really possible with the
> line based approach.

I thought about this too, but the reality is this: we store the data as
separate QStrings already... to gain this functionality, we would have to
rewrite much of kate's internal data structures.  The only place it would
help is doing regexps on newly provided QStrings, and I don't think we do
that, do we?

Cheers,
Hamish.