List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    [kde4/qt4] Kile:  Kate Interfaces -> KTextEditor interfaces
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-27 9:04:27

Hi !

While porting kile to kde4/qt4, I found a few situations, where I'm not sure
if KTE should be extended or if there is another better solutions.

1) Kate::View::isOverwriteMode()
2) Kate::View::keyReturn()
3) setFileChangedDialogsActivated (true);
4) setDocName

How to a implement the same behaviour with the new interfaces ?

All in all kile compiles and runs in kde4 branch. There is still a lot of Q3
usage and hidden incompatibility and not all functionality available yet, but
you can already do some usefull things with it again.
Code completion is ported to 90% using the new KTExtEditor code completion
interface. (Interface hint: The arghint interface still needs a lot of work
would be nice to have kdevelop 4 as a real live application for developing
and testing this interface)

MfG / Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger