List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: My Interfaces changes planed for KDE 4.0
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-07-20 16:33:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 18:21, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 14:19, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > KTextEditor::Document does not provide
> >  * a signal that informs that the buffer changed
> >  * a function to ask whether a buffer is modified.
> >
> > the Kate::Document does provide it (somenow), I suggest to add
> >  (1) signal KTextEditor::Document::bufferModifiedStateChanged(); and
> >  (2) bool KTextEditor::Document::isBufferModified() const;
> > and adapt Kate::Document to use it.
> >
> > Just for info: buffer-modified has *nothing* to do with modified-on-hd
> > (that is why I call it "bufferModified"). As the KTE::ModifiedInterface
> > atm only is for modified-on-hd stuff I think the best place for (1) and
> > (2) are directly in the KTE::Document.
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> Hmm, we already havea textChanged() signal + we have the isModified out
> of KParts::ReadWritePart, shouldn't this be enough?
Ah, didn't see the isModified from KParts.

textChanged() is emitted everytime the text changes. So if you only want to
watch the modified-state it's a bit overhead, but ok. What if the user
saves the file? I'm not able to track the state, am I? - There is no signal
that a file was saved. I assume textChanged() is not emitted if you save a
file... ...or do I oversee something again= ;)

cu
--
Dominik