List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: STATUS: My Interfaces changes planed for KDE 4.0
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-06-07 22:51:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 06 June 2005 23:31, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> I have added a KTextEditor::Cursor class, which is a baseclass for a cursor \
> implementation, featuring just the basic concepts of  a textcursor, not much more \
> than e.g. QPoint, but with some more meaningful API for textcursors, this class \
> should be powerful enough to allow further extension in the editor parts, kate \
> already uses it as baseclass for it's internal cursors
> I think it will be more useful to not only convert the API of EditInterface and co \
> to int's but also just convert them to use KTextEditor::Cursor parameters, as this \
> makes the whole stuff just lot more clear than the massive use of line/col tuples, \
> the line/col api will stay as second overload, but the cursors should really be \
> more promiment ;)
atm the line/col API is removed, the cursor api is much cleaner, it can be readded as \
addition if the porting shows up probs there :)

EditInterface got merged into the Document itself, any editor MUST support this, \
alone this action avoid massive casting Same happened for the ViewCursorInterface and \
the View, SelectionInterface will be merged into view, too, soon.

not sure which others would deserve merging, will look at yzis which interfaces it \
supports

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team