List:       ktexteditor-devel
Subject:    Re: Interfaces
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-05-25 17:06:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 18:57, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Whatever you choose I would like to have the possibility to modify the
> document from a script in an editor independent way. The worst case is
> when the DCOP interfaces are provided by Quanta and the modifying is
> done by C++ code there, but I would like to avoid this.
I would propose this 2 solutions, which would stack

 a) the texteditor part just provides it's own dcop object for the document/view, \
                with the number like atm,
     and there dcop methodes to any interface methodes it supports under the same \
                name as atm,
     which is just a charm for most stuff, and would avoid to have 10 dcop objects \
                for one document and 10 per
     view, which costs both mem,time, and makes the dcop "tree" just plain mess, with \
1000000 interfaces

 b) for lua: parts should conclude on one lua interface both support, this shouldn't \
be that hard, too

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team