List:       kstars-devel
Subject:    Problems with KStars 3.5.7 on macOS
From:       Bill Tschumy <bill () otherwise ! com>
Date:       2022-03-05 22:25:07

I seem to be having numerous problems with KStars 3.5.7 on Mac.  I've tried it on the latest macOS \
(12.2.1) as well as one two years old (10.15.7).

I've tried downloading the "Extra Data", both from the Startup Wizard and from the Data menu item.  I \
will install something and then later, when I go back it says it is uninstalled.  Some of the larger \
downloads will say "Installing…" but then al of the sudden say "Install Again".  Often if I install \
again it will indicate it is installed.

I have downloaded the USNO stars and initially is said it was installed.  However, if I go back now it \
says for me to install them.  Yet if I zoom in, I do see 14th mag stars so it really is installed.

I have been trying to get the inline thumbnails to install, but they never show up in the chart.  I did \
see them at one point while playing around,  but now they are gone.

Clicking the Help button in the Configure window (shown by choosing Preferences…) causes the app to \
hang.

Things just seem really flakey.

Bill

--