List:       kroupware
Subject:    Re: [Kroupware] Mail Forwarding Loop
From:       Dirk Zimmer <cornies () vd-plus ! net>
Date:       2004-01-06 0:49:17

Hello,

>>> and in the postfix alias file ?
>>
>> there is no alias for "dz@xxx-yyy.de". there is an entry "dz
>> dz@xxx-yyy.de" in the virtual file.
>
> thats the problem.
>

>>> what about the alias field in the ldap database?
>>
>> the e-mail alias for "dz@xxx-yyy.de" is "dz" (figured out in the
>> kolab web-interface)
>
> this is your problem.

That was not the problem. I created a user "dzimmer@xxx-yyy.de" with and
without alias and in both configuration the emails were delivered.
In my opinion the problem is: The provider appends a "delivered-to
header" (account on the server of the provider). Fetchmail fetchs the
mail from this account and forwards the mail to postfix. Postfix
recognized the "delivered-to header" (local and isp account have the
same name "dz@xxx-yyy.de") and bounces the mail. I think this is a
design issue of the kolab-server. I have a running kolab-server since
2002-12. All worked fine. Now i tried to install a new server (new
hardware) and there are a lot of toubles. For this problem i have a
workaround so i can start a new thread with the next problem now.

Best Regards
Dirk Zimmer