List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: Are interoperability issues bugs?
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2009-07-14 13:30:34

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 14:29:58 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> If ODF documents created in Koffice display differently in Open
> Office, or vice versa, is that considered a bug? How can I know if the
> particular bug is in Koffice, Open Office, or the ODF spec? I am
> considering moving to Koffice but as my colleagues use Open Office
> (many of them switching from MS Office at my suggestion)
> interoperability is very important to me. I can only move to an office
> suite that has the same interoperability goals as I have.

If things are displayed differently, it's likely a bug.  The bug may be in
KOffice or in OpenOffice.org, but in any way we are grateful if you report it.
You can do that on http://bugs.kde.org/. Unfortunately, it's not the easiest
to use webapp on the planet, but not the worst either.

We do want maximum compatibility and interoperability, so that's why all
reports that it doesn't work are so important.

If you want to communicate directly with the developers, you can come into the
#koffice channel on irc.freenode.org.

Best regards,

Inge Wallin
KOffice developer