List:       kplato
Subject:    my thougths about koffice2 b5
From:       junior <jrch2k7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-01-22 15:14:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

hi guys XD, first of all the good part ;) thx for your hard work.

well, im going to explain a bit my ideas and probs ofc about this beta
S.O kubuntu 8.10 32 and 64 bits

good ones:

    * nice kde4 port ;)
    * fast and resource conscient
    * dockers rocks (partially see the bad ones :(  )
    * pretty well integrated kde like features like dialogs, preview,
      print and stuff

bad ones:

    * still completely unusable with Open Document see attach for more info
    * Kword and Kspread crash like hell i mean a looooot (maybe kubuntu
      fault)
    * office files or openoffice files look completely diff from
      original , in fact images dont even show, etc
    * dockers are nice, but it became a mess after some of my testing
      final users begin to miss click. you should always keep the
      ability to move docker, adjust size, etc for custimization of the
      UI but not to remove them from UI at least the basic ones like
      tools or formats.
    * plz remove the first screen asking for the type of document ,
      template etc and put them into a menu (maybe files/new document
      and put there a list button with those options) is a nicer solution.

thx for you work once again and well hoping to remove OOo and use koffice XD