List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: my thougths about koffice2 b5
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-26 19:49:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 22. January 2009 16:26:11 junior wrote:
> hi guys XD, first of all the good part ;) thx for your hard work.

Thanks!! :)

>     * still completely unusable with Open Document see attach for more
> info
>     * office files or openoffice files look completely diff from
>       original , in fact images dont even show, etc

Yeah, both are the same and this is known, the infrastructure is largely
there but its still got loads of problems.
We are aware of those and its on the list of things to fix before we can
release.

> * Kword and Kspread crash like hell i mean a looooot (maybe kubuntu
> fault)

Hmm, this surprises me; we had a 'krush' day where kde people went and tried
to get things to crash or otherwise misbehave. We had some people that
after an hour of trying said they didn't manage to crash it.
So, yeah, it could very well be a problem in kubuntu.

I would really appreciate it if you could post backtraces of any crash you
find.
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports

>     * dockers are nice, but it became a mess after some of my testing
>       final users begin to miss click. you should always keep the
>       ability to move docker, adjust size, etc for custimization of the
>       UI but not to remove them from UI at least the basic ones like
>       tools or formats.

Not sure how you managed to get rid of all your dockers :)
Notice that in the settings->dockers menu you can enable/disable any docker.

>     * plz remove the first screen asking for the type of document ,
>       template etc and put them into a menu (maybe files/new document
>       and put there a list button with those options) is a nicer
> solution.

If you don't like it, maybe you can click the checkbox under the template
you choose to always use that template. Then you never have to see it
again :)

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander