List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: [kplato] [Planner Dev] Planner maintainership
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2005-10-26 7:21:00

On Fredag 21 oktober 2005 15:02, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2005 09:47, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > > So, I would be open to discuss merging of any (open source)
> > > project management applications and would be very happy if
> > > human resources could be brought together.
> >
> > Just for the record, I'm not against merging KPlato with
> > TaskJuggler, but as you noted above Raphael, the approach is very
> > different, so imho it won't be a piece of cake to do, especially
> > before release of 1.5.
>
> I'm a bit weary of trying a merge. Initially it looks nice but
> unless we intend to just cannibalize TJ for cool code any result we
> get from a merge will either make us or the TJ people extremely
> unhappy.
>
> The thing is; the reason KPlato is in KOffice is because we wanted
> to make data from kspread/kexi available to KPlato. Think resources
> being updated while you enter some numbers in your spreadsheet.
> On the output side KPlato can use KChart (which can be extended if
> needed) and use those charts in a presenter or KWord doc.
Are there any thoughts on *how* data transfer should be implemented?
It would be nice for instance, to be able to harvest data from kplato
project(s) and/or kexi database(s) into kspread for further
processing, or instead of using QListView/QTable with
fixed/preprocessed data, embed kspread giving the user a possibility
to tailor dataprocessing/presentation.

--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen