List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: [kplato] Re: State of KPlato?
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2004-10-29 12:10:48

On Onsdag 27 oktober 2004 14:00, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
(snip)

> Can you merge the list you gave here and this one:
> http://www.koffice.org/kplato/status.php
>
> Would be good to have an up-to-date todo list...

A made preliminary todo, attached. It's a mix of small and big and
wishes and plans and maybees, and it's not 'complete' of course
(whatever that is :).
It's meant as a basis for comments, discussions.
My feeling is that the status.php should be more for users, showing
the bigger issues, done and planned, while more details could go into
a TODO file under the project.
What do you think?

--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen

["TODO" (text/x-java)]

Status      Description
Done        Requirements specification

Done        Data structuring and class creation

            Most existing things are saved/loaded,
            dtd is not up to date/correct, and of course
            format is open for discussion.

-           Menus       Needs improvements

-           Toolbars    Needs improvements

Done        Implementing basic view

Done        Implementing basic task/summarytasks

Done        Implementing Gantt view
            Uses KDGanttView, which needs some improvements:
            Context menu for links, possibility to present
            progress in different ways (time-now, double taskbars...),
            improved layout of links.

Done        Implementing task editor-dialog

Done        Implementing project editor-dialog

-           Implementing subproject editor-dialog
            Subproject is not supported.

Done        Implementing milestone editor-dialog
            Uses task dialog. Milestone is a task with 0 duration.

-           Implementing zooming support for the views

-           Merge Taskjuggler and KPlato

-           PERT/Network view
            A basic one exists. It was made 'quick-and-dirty'
            for entering/viewing task relations.

-           Resource view(s)
            Simple QListView based exists

-           Task Details view
            Exists but needs improvement

Done        Calendars (basic)

Done        Standard worktime. (basic)
            (Used for estimation, we need to know what the user means
            when he says 1 staffday or 3 staffweeks etc)

Done        Resources (basic)
            Resource types
            Resource teams

            Note: Possibly redesign group/resource so that one resource
                  can be member of multiple groups.

            Calculations:
Done        From given project start time.
Done        From given project end time:
            Based on task relations:
Done            Finish to start.
Taken           Start to start.
Taken           Finish to finish.
            Based on constraints.
Done            As soon as possible.
Done            As late as possible.
Taken           Must start on.
Taken           Start not earlier than.
Taken           Finish not later than.

Done        Based on resource requests to specific resources.
Done        Allocation of resources and calculates durations accordingly.
-           Based on resource requests to resource groups.

-           Resource leveling, monte carlo estimation, etc, etc...

-       Icons
            A few icons for menu/toolbars created, but a lot missing.

-       Reports
            2 test reports implemented. Uses Kugar report library.
            On 'feasibility study' level.

-       Settings/configuration. Nothing done.

        Templates:
Done    Plain
-       All the others :)

-       Command history.